Thursday, April 22, 2010

Double Chocolate Banana Bread

I have this crazy obsession with banana bread. I will actually buy 2 bunches of bananas just so I can let one bunch get really ripe so I can make banana bread. This bread is sooooo yummy and super moist because it is made with sour cream. Little Foodie has been enjoying a piece each day when she gets home from school, I think she will eat the whole loaf all by herself. I saved the second loaf in the freezer and I am going to take it to Little Foodie's school for a teacher breakfast during teacher appreciation week. Enjoy!!

1/2 cup of butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
3 super ripe bananas
1 cup of sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons of baking soda
2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease 2 loaf pans.
In a large bowl cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas , sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking powder, cocoa powder and flour. Stir in chocolate chips and divide into prepared pans. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment