Who doesn't like pizza, it is always a favorite meal at our house. We are not an order in/take-out kind of family so I am always on the lookout for for easy pizza dough recipes. This one was created by Fleischmann's Yeast and it is really easy and super delicious; the crust was crispy on the bottom and soft/chewy in the middle! I used the footnote below for the active dry yeast and I added a little oregano and basil to the mix. Next time you are in the mood for pizza try this recipe instead of picking up the phone and placing a pizza order :) !! Enjoy
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, or as needed
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast*
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup very warm water (120 degrees F to 130 degrees F)
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, and salt. Stir very warm water and olive oil into flour mixture. Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover; let rest on floured surface 10 minutes.
- Lightly oil 1 (14-inch) or 2 (12-inch) round pizza pan(s).** Sprinkle with cornmeal. Shape dough into smooth ball. Divide and roll dough to fit desired pan(s). Top pizza as desired.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes or until done. Baking time depends on size and thickness of crust and selected toppings.
- *To use Fleischmann's® Active Dry Yeast: Use 1 package Active Dry Yeast, 1 cup warm water (100 to 110 degrees F) and flour, salt and oil listed above. Place 1/4 cup of the warm water in large warm bowl. Sprinkle with yeast; stir until undissolved. Add remaining water, salt, oil and 2 cups all-purpose flour; stir well. Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead as directed. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled, about 30 to 60 minutes. Punch dough down. Remove dough to lightly floured surface. Shape, top and bake as desired.
- **Master Pizza Dough fits the following pans: 1 (15 x 10-inch) baking pan, 1 (13 x 9-inch) baking pan, 1 (14-inch) or 2 (9-inch) deep-dish pan(s). For individual pizzas, shape dough into 6 or 8 (7-inch) rounds and place on 2 greased baking sheets.
- Garlic and Herb Pizza Dough: add 2 teaspoons Spice Islands® Sweet Basil, Oregano (leaves), or Rosemary and 1 clove finely minced garlic along with dry ingredients.
- Cornmeal Pizza Dough: Replace 1/2 cup all-purpose flour with cornmeal.
- Whole Wheat Pizza Dough: Replace 1 cup all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour.