Monday, September 14, 2009

Bread, Bread and More Bread

This summer I began my mission to make bread instead of buying bread at the store, not only is it healthier it is loads of fun and a good way to get Little Foodie in the kitchen helping while she is practicing her math skills! I have tried several recipes but I was spending a lot of time waiting for dough to rise, only to get a loaf or two of bread until I found the perfect bread recipe!!! This recipe made 3 regular loaves of bread and 18 sandwich size rolls and wait for it......... it only cost me $6 ( and that was using organic flour!!!) You can find the recipe for Depression Era Bread and watch the cool video of Clara (who is 93 years young!) making the bread at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IEWJmm4Tms&feature=channel. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment