Monday, September 28, 2009

The Most Delicious Green Salad!!

Last year I went to a b-day party and I had the most wonderful salad, the dressing was perfect and there was a special topping that added a little crunch, so I had to have the recipe. The recipe calls for Ramen Noodles which is something I NEVER buy because the salt content in that little spice package is outrageous but this recipe only uses the crunchy noodles. I added a little grilled chicken to the top and made a meal, and yes it was a real meal according to Little Foodie because it included meat!!

1 stick butter
2 pkgs. Ramen Noddles (crunched up)
1 pkg. sunflower seeds
1 pkg. sliced almonds
1 Cup Oil ( I used canola oil)
1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
3/4 Cup Sugar
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
Lettuce of your choice
Spring onions
Broccoli-finely chopped

Melt butter in skillet. Add Ramen Noddles, Sunflower Seeds and almonds.. Brown over Medium heat carefully! (they burn easily). Drain mixture on paper towel.
Mix Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sugar and Soy Sauce in shakable container.
Toss salad broccoli and spring onions. Add dressing and Ramen Noodle Mixture and toss.


No comments:

Post a Comment