Saturday, September 12, 2009

Salad and a Sandwich


Being a very budget conscious momma now a days I am always on the lookout for healthy, inexpensive dinner ideas and if at all possible I am trying to use what we have on hand and only go grocery shopping (using coupons!) every 2-3weeks. This can sometimes be tougher than it sounds! Little Foodie and I love watching shows on the Food Network and I often find great recipes that are inexpensive. I made a salad using mixed organic greens and mandarine oranges (Little Foodie is CRAZY about these), I used a little bit of the juice from the oranges along with some oil and a little bit of vinegar to make a dressing.

Remember I use mostly organic ingredients :)

French Toast Sandwich:
Bread (I used thick sliced homemade bread)
Ham
Cheese (I used swiss)
Strawberry Jam (mine was homemade!)
Eggs
Milk

Break 1-2 eggs and mix them with a few tablespoons of milk in a shallow dish. Make a sandwich using the ham, cheese and strawberry jam. Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture just like you would for french toast. Cook the sandwiches in a skillet or on a griddle until they are golden brown and the cheese has melted. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment