Saturday, September 26, 2009

CrockPot BBQ Pulled Pork


I LOVE my CrockPot, I don't use it as often as I use to, but I still LOVE it. I needed a yummy meal with not a lot of work involved so I turned to my favorite CrockPot recipe blog (crockpot365.blogspot.com) and made a deliciously easy dinner. Little Foodie is such a meat eater so she really enjoyed this dish!! The first night we ate it on homemade rolls and the second night we enjoyed it over rice, yummy!!!

4 pounds boneless pork shoulder
1 onion, sliced in rings
2 cups ketchup ( I use organic, regular ketchup has too much sugar)
1/2 cup warm water
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

The Directions.

Use a 6 quart crockpot. Trim meat, and place into your crockpot. Add sliced onion. Squeeze in 2 cups of ketchup, and then pour 1/2 cup warm water into the ketchup bottle and shake. Pour the ketchup-y water into your crock. Add vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire, Tabasco and salt.
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until meat shreds easily with a fork.
Serve over rice, or make sandwiches on rolls or sliced bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment