- 4 whole-wheat pita breads, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 4 strips bacon, cooked until crisp, finely chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F.
Cut each pita half into 4 wedges. Arrange the pita wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush with the oil, then sprinkle with the oregano, salt and pepper. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes until crisp and golden.
In a medium bowl, combine the bacon, mascarpone cheese, sour cream, and chives. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl.
Arrange the pita chips and dip on a platter and serve.