Saturday, July 11, 2009

Goat Cheese, Peaches and Pecans,Oh My!

My Little Foodie came home from visiting her cousins for a few days so I decided to make her something super yummy to welcome her home. I made a salad similar to the one that my husband and I had at a restaurant. I used butter lettuce, local goat cheese, raw pecans that I toasted in a dry skillet, peaches that I grilled with a little butter and honey and a homemade dressing using olive oil, apple cider vinegar and honey. My Little Foodie loved the salad especially the pecans! Butter lettuce is perfect for kids, it has a soft texture and the leaves have a nice shape and can be used to make roll-ups; my daughter would put a peach, some pecans and a little goat cheese in a leaf and then roll it up and eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment