Saturday, July 18, 2009

Stuffed Green Peppers

I decided to use my farmer's market find to make a special celebration meal for my hubby, so I made Stuffed Green Peppers. I have never made this dish before so I looked up a few recipes and then kind of did my own version. Little Foodie was very impressed and said "hey mom you made an edible bowl", of course I took all of the credit for the invention of the edible bowl!!

Stuffed Green Peppers

4 Green Peppers (cut off the tops and clean out the inside)
1/2 pound of Ground Turkey
1 C of Instant Rice or precooked Jasmine Rice
1/2 of a Yellow Onion (diced)
2 Cloves of Garlic (sliced or minced)
Jar of any type of Tomato Sauce
Cheese ( we used fresh mozzarella)
Olive Oil

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place a little olive oil in a skillet and cook the onions and garlic for a few minutes then add the ground turkey. Once the turkey is cooked completely add the rice and about a cup of tomato sauce. Place a little olive oil in the bottom of a baking dish and place the Green Peppers in the dish. Fill each Pepper with the Turkey/Rice mixture and top each with a little Tomato Sauce. Cover the dish with a lid or tinfoil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove lid/foil and top each Pepper with any type of cheese and bake for another 3-5minutes until cheese is melted. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment