Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins

I needed to restock my freezer with breakfast treats so I used the canned pumpkin that I had leftover from the pumpkin cookies to make a batch of Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins, they are the perfect morning pick-me-up!!! I adapted the recipe from one found on allrecipes.com.

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil or you can you applesauce in place of the oil
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped (I keep a bag of cranberries in my freezer!)
In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar; add the pumpkin and oil and mix well. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cranberries. Fill foil-or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400 degrees F for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment