Monday, October 19, 2009

Potato Corn Chowder


I have this small obsession with soups, this is fairly new, I wasn't much of a soup eater in the past but now I really enjoy a big bowl of soup for dinner and as a bonus my hubby and Little Foodie enjoy it also. This is a super easy soup to make, I made ours using corn that I had frozen during the summer so it was like a little bite of summer in October!! Enjoy!
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 bag of frozen corn or you can use canned reg or creamed corn
  1. In a large saucepan add the margarine, potatoes, onion, flour and spices. Cook until onions are translucent.
  2. Add the milk, water and corn. Cook on low heat for 40 minutes to an hour. Season as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment