Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Everything but the Kitchen Sink!

If you are looking for a good way to use up leftover veggies and have a healthy budget friendly meal, making a stir-fry is the way to go!! Tonight I used thin sliced boneless pork chops (pork is very inexpensive!) that I cut into thin strips and then I sauteed them in a little sesame oil, with a little soy sauce and fresh minced garlic. Then I went to the fridge and pulled out some leftover green beans, and the leftover peppers and mushrooms from the make your own pizza party. I cooked the meat and veggies together, adding a little fresh ginger and some chicken broth. I cooked some rice in the steamer and I had a healthy quick dinner on the table in less than a 1/2 hour. When Little Foodie found out we were having stir-fry for dinner she was not thrilled but she knows that in our house there is only one meal prepared, no special kid meals, so she ate dinner without any further complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment