Monday, August 17, 2009

Vanilla Ice Cream w/ Chocolate Chip Cookie Chunks

Sounds YUMMY doesn't it!! My hubby LOVES ice cream, it is his favorite dessert; the problem is that organic ice cream is expensive and rarely on sale. Problem solved, at the beginning of the summer I decided to buy an ice cream maker and even though it was pricey it has been a great investment. In my new effort to use up the ingredients that we have in the house and not waste anything, I made a delicious sweet treat. I adapted the recipe from the recipe that came with my Cuisinart Ice Cream maker.

1 C of milk
3/4 C of sugar
2 C of heavy cream ( you can use use half and half but the heavy cream makes it creamier)
1-2 tsp of vanilla extract (the good stuff!!)
dash of cinnamon
chocolate chip cookies or cookie bar cut in chunks

Keep all of your cold ingredients really cold until you are ready to use them. In a medium bowl, I used a Pampered Chef measuring bowl, combine the milk, sugar, cream, vanilla and cinnamon and mix with a hand mixer until everything is completely mixed together. The instructions that come with the ice cream maker will explain how to use the machine and when to added the mixture. Once the ice cream is formed about 20-25 minutes then you can add the chunks of cookie. Once it is set up enjoy with a little chocolate syrup!!

No comments:

Post a Comment