Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Visit to the Asian Market


When Little Foodie was a baby up until she turned 4 years old I ran a home daycare 3 days a week so I could be home with her. On our days off I looked for fun free and inexpensive things for us to do, one of our favorite things was visiting the local Asian market. Little Foodie loved and still loves to check out all the different types of fruits and veggies, she would run her hands across the bumpy skin of a bitter melon and she would sniff the fruit. We would pick out something new and different to try at home, sometimes I would have to google the fruit/veggie to get more info so I would know how to peel/eat it. Today we took a trip to the Asian market to pick up ingredients for a special meal I am cooking tonight and of course we had to pick up a few other treats while we were there. On the way home Little Foodie was eating little pieces of dried seaweed and for lunch she was eating squid, she especially liked the legs and she would let them dangle from her mouth as she ate them; if you want to see something really amusing watch a child eat a squid leg. Exposing Little Foodie to new foods is one of my favorite things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment