I love a good Brussels sprouts recipe!! I made this one as a side dish for our Christmas dinner. My thought was that if people heard the word BACON they would ignore the word Brussels sprout and they would be more eager to try it out. I was right, even my sister who HATES Brussels sprouts enjoyed this dish. I adapted this recipe from one found in the Rachel Ray magazine. Enjoy!
- 3 slices bacon, chopped ( I used organic turkey bacon)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 1 shallot or small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- Salt and pepper, to your taste
- 1 cup chicken broth