Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Curried Cauliflower Soup

I wish this is how my soup looked but alas it was a beautiful pale yellow that did not photograph well but it did taste really yummy! I had two heads of cauliflower that I had planned to roast for Christmas dinner but I made so many other dishes that I passed on cooking the cauliflower. I searched online for cauliflower recipes and I was surprised to find so many cauliflower soup recipes, I found and adapted this recipe from one found on allrecipes.com. Little Foodie is not a huge fan of soups but she really enjoyed this one! Enjoy!

  • 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
  • 1 onion, cut into chunks
  • 3 cloves garlic, halved
  • 5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
  • 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
  • 1 tablespoon curry paste (you can add more depending on your taste)
  • 1 tablespoon of turmeric
  • 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
  • curry powder
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the cauliflower, onion, and garlic on a baking sheet, sprinkle with curry powder and bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
  2. Bring vegetable stock, coconut milk, and curry paste, turmeric and nutmeg to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the roasted vegetables, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Carefully puree the soup in a blender until it has reached your desired consistency, serve, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment