Sunday, January 24, 2010

Meatloaf


I LOVE meatloaf!!! When I was a kid and my mom would ask me what I wanted for dinner on my birthday I would say meatloaf, I would still say meatloaf today! My hubby and Little Foodie are not big fans of meatloaf but since I cook most of our meals so that they appeal to their taste, once in a while I like to cook something that is my favorite. This meatloaf was super moist and Little Foodie said it was really yummy! I adapted this recipe from one found on allrecipes.com. Enjoy!

  • 1 pounds ground beef
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
  • 1/8 cup cornmeal
  • 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/2 cup tomato juice
  • 1 dash liquid smoke flavoring
  • 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
  • 2 dashes liquid smoke flavoring
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, onion, oatmeal, cornmeal, bread crumbs, salt, sugar, egg, tomato juice,1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke and vinegar. Mix together thoroughly and place mixture into a lightly greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  3. In a separate small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and 2 drops liquid smoke and mix thoroughly. Spread over the top of the meatloaf.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment