Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Easy Pot Pie

When I was in elementary school I LOVED when it was chicken pot pie day, there was something about those tiny tins filled with warm creamy goodness and not to mention the buttery crust, yum! It has been so cold here lately I was in the mood for some comfort food but I didn't want to make my own crust, not that I haven't made a from scratch pot pie but they can be a lot of work. I found and adapted this Campbell's recipe for an easy pot pie and Little Foodie couldn't get enough of it, she said it was so creamy and delicious! I doubled the recipe and baked mine in a 9x13 baking dish. Enjoy!
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)*
  • 1 (9 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
  • 1 cup cubed cooked turkey or chicken
  • 1 cup cubed cooked potatoes
  • 1 refridgerated pie crust
  • butter flavored cooking spray
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Mix soup, vegetables and turkey and place in a greased 9-inch pie plate.
  3. Place pie crust over the turkey mixture and press into the sides of the pie plate. Spray top of crust with cooking spray. Bake 30 minutes or until golden.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Chicken Pot Pie is the ultimate comfort food! It also smells wonderful baking which is such an added bonus :D

    ReplyDelete